We will have a race-day FREE shuttle running between key locations in and around Greenbelt, including the Youth Center, relay exchange point and the Greenbelt Metro Station.
- Our Chariots for Hire™ shuttle bus will service the Greenbelt Metro Station at 9:00 and 9:25 am.
- From 9:30 am to 3:30 pm the bus will loop from the Youth Center to the Relay Exchange Point.
- Starting at 3:45 pm (±) the bus will loop between the Youth Center and the Metro station until 4:45 pm.
Note: Public transportation info, below, has not yet been updated for 2023. Coming soon!
Note for runners taking Metro to the race: the very first Green or Yellow Line train is scheduled to arrive at the Greenbelt Metro station at 8:51 am. Subsequent arrivals are at 9:04 (Yellow), 9:10 (Green) and 9:18 (Yellow). Please use the Metro Trip Planner and be on either the 8:51, 9:04, 9:10 or the 9:18 train, or you’ll miss the shuttle bus!
In 2020, you can also take a MetroBus, which now runs limited service on Sunday.
- The G14 bus departs the Greenbelt Metro Station hourly at 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 and 9:30. Get off at the Crescent Road and Gardenway stop at 48 minutes after the hour.
- The G12 bus departs the Metro Station hourly at 7:00, 8:00 and 9:00. It also stops at Ivy Lane and Ridge Road at 05 minutes past the hour – walking distance from the Greenbelt Marriott. Get off at the Crescent Road and Gardenway stop at 11 minutes after the hour.
- You can also use these buses to get to Metro after the race; board at the Crescent Road and Gardenway stop 07 (G12) or 36 (G14) minutes after the hour.
- Click here to download a copy of the G12 & G14 bus map.
The information listed below is for information purposes only. DC Road Runners does not endorse the companies listed.
The Super Shuttle provides door-to-door service from BWI to the Greenbelt Marriott or other hotels in the Greenbelt area. The cost to the Greenbelt Marriott is $24.00 one way, for the first person, $11 for additional people. Cash, checks, or credit cards are accepted. For reservations and information call 800-Blue-Van (800-258-3826). When you arrive at BWI proceed to the baggage claim area and continue to the Ground Transportation Desk on the lower level, Pier C.
From Washington Reagan National, Super Shuttle provides door to door service. Make reservations in advance at 800-258-3826. The cost to Greenbelt area is $21.00 one way for the first person, $8 for additional people, $65 for a 7 passenger van. Cash, checks, or credit cards.
Also, from Washington Reagan National, Metro (WMATA) provides service to Greenbelt. Take the Yellow line to Mt. Vernon Square and transfer to the Green line to Greenbelt. The cost is $3.60 (off peak) and it takes about 45 minutes. From the Greenbelt Metro station, it is about 2 miles to the Marriott.